BA I, BSc I, B.Com IAdmission to Bachelor of Arts (B.A.I.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.I) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.I) for the academic session (2015-2016) is open to women candidates through an Entrance Test. The candidates are required to check the application form for following information..
(a) Dates for submission of application form.
(b) Date and Time of Entrance Test for different faculty /groups.
(c) Date and declaration of the first list of eligible candidates.
A candidate, who has passed Intermediate or equivalent examination recognized by the Lucknow University, is eligible to appear in the entrance test subject to scoring a minimum of
(a) 45% marks in aggregate for B.A.
(b) 50% marks in aggregate for B.H.Sc. (Home Science) and B.Com.
(c) 55% marks in aggregate for B.Sc. (Bio.) and B.Sc. (Maths)
Minimum eligibility may be relaxed for Christian students.
Submission of Form
- A candidate satisfying the eligibility conditions is required to appear in the Entrance Test for getting admission to B.A.-I., B.Sc.-I, B.H.Sc.-I and B.Com.I class of this College. The College prospectus and the application form are available from the College on payment of Rs.600/- for counter purchase and Rs. 650/- for postal dispatch. Payments are accepted in cash /Bank draft in favour of the ‘Isabella Thoburn College, Lucknow’ payable at Lucknow.
- Postal order /Money order, Cheques shall not be accepted.
- Last date for the issue and submission of the College Admission and Entrance Test form is printed on the admission form.
- Entrance Test form duly completed in all respects along with the required enclosures should be mailed under registered post to the Isabella Thoburn College, 7, Faizabad Road, Lucknow, so as to reach the College latest by the date given on the admission form.
The Entrance Test Form completed in all respects should be submitted at the College according to the dates given on the application form, between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Before dispatch/submitting the application form the candidate should check that..
- All the columns of the application form are duly filled.
- Following enclosures are attached with the application form
- A Bank Draft of Rs.400/- to be paid with each form through Account Payee Bank Draft drawn in favour of ‘Isabella Thoburn College, Lucknow’ payable at Lucknow. A candidate wishing to receive the admit card through post must pay additional sum of Rs. 50/- only to cover postage charges.
- A self-attested photostat copy of High-School and Intermediate/XII marksheet.
- Two passport size photographs of the candidate (to be pasted on the application form). The photographs on the application form should be self attested.
- Self attested photocopy of relevant document if privilege is sought.
- Forms incomplete in any respect shall be rejected.
- A candidate may apply for one or more than one group on separate application forms.
(a) GROUP I B.Sc. (Biology)
(b) GROUP II B.Sc. (Home Science)
(c) GROUP III B.Sc. (Mathematics)
(d) GROUP IV B.A. (Arts)
(e) GROUP V B.Com.
Candidates who have passed in Intermediate or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology may apply for Group I, II and /or Group IV on separate application forms. Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics may apply for Group III and/ or Group IV and/ or Group V on separate application forms. Candidates with commerce or Economics may apply for Group IV and/or Group V.
- The College also offers two vocational courses of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics to B.Sc. (Home Science) and Computer Application to B.A. students respectively. A candidate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology at Intermediate level may opt for Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics instead of Nutrition. An additional fee of Rs. 5000/- (Five thousand only) per annum (subject to revesion) (for all the three years) will be charged from those candidates opting for Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics or Computer Application.
- The Entrance Test fee of Rs.400/- to be paid with each form is non- refundable.
- Self attestation of a photocopy of document is done by putting full name in running hand writing.
- No certificate whatsoever shall be received separately after the submission of the form.
- A provisional Admit card to a candidate shall be issued at the time of submission of the application form.
- A provisional Admit Card to a candidate whose Entrance Test form is received by post shall be mailed under registered post within four days from the date of receipt of the application form provided the test form is found to be valid and complete in all respects.
- Photocopies of the mark sheets and certificates and the photographs submitted alongwith the entrance Test form shall not be returned.
- It is in the interest of a candidate to submit the Entrance test form duly completed in all respects at the earliest possible to avoid last minute rush for submission of the form and for collection of the Admit Card.
- On date of the Entrance Test all the candidates who have received Admit Cards must take their seats at least thirty minutes before the starting time at the Centre mentioned in the Admit Card.
- In case the Admit Card is lost a candidate may obtain a duplicate Admit Card by bringing two copies of her photograph and one photocopy of each of the documents enclosed with the Entrance Test form on a payment of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only
- At the time of receiving the Admit Card, candidate should check that her roll number starts with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 if she has applied for Group I, II, III, IV or V respectively.
- Dates and Time of the Test for different groups is printed on the Admission Form and Admit Card. Candidates should report for the test accordingly.
- Name of the Centre shall be stamped on the Admit Card.
- Entrance Test question papers for each group shall consist of the following four sections:
GROUP I and II
(d) English Language & General Awareness.
(d) English Language & General Awareness.
(a) Verbal Reasoning
(b) Non-Verbal Reasoning
(c) Quantitative Reasoning
(d) English Language & General Awareness.
(b) Verbal Reasoning
(c) Quantitative Reasoning
(d) English Language & General Awareness.
B.Ed. Admission 2015-2017
B.Ed. Admission 2015-2017
Last date of submission of application forms: as given in the application form. Distribution of Admit Cards for the entrance test: as given in the application form.
- The minimum qualification required for admission to B.Ed. course is a bachelor’s degree in Arts or Science of a recognised University.
- A candidate who has passed a Bachelor’s examination with a minimum of 50% marks is eligible to appear in the entrance test.
- A candidate offering two school-teaching-subjects /papers at graduation /post- graduation level is eligible to appear in the entrance test.
If a candidate does not fulfill the above listed eligibility criteria, her test booklet will not be corrected and her application will stand cancelled.
Admission procedure and rules
- Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions are required to appear in the written test. There shall be three papers
|1.||Language and General Knowledge||200||9:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|2.||Teaching aptitude test and subject competence in Arts /Science.||200||1:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|3.||Special test on Biblical knowledge (only for Christian candidates)||50||4:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
- Entrance test form duly completed in all respects along with required enclosures should be submitted in the college office by the date as given in the application form.
- Required enclosures with the entrance test form.
- Attested photo copies of the mark-sheets and certificates of High-School, Intermediate and B.A. /B.Sc. part I, II and III examinations.
- Entrance test fee
An account payee Bank Draft as mentioned in the form in favour of “Principal, Isabella Thoburn College, Lucknow” payable at “Lucknow” should be enclosed with duly filled application form.
- No information shall be considered valid unless supplemented by adequate enclosure for the purpose of allotment of credit points as per U.P. Universities regulations. No certificates /enclosures shall be accepted by the College after the submission of form. Without required enclosures the application form will be treated as incomplete and the candidature will be cancelled.
- Provisional certificates in support of any statement will not be accepted.
- Reserved category: Christian candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria and take the entrance test to get admission against reserve seats. Such candidates must enclose:
- Latest certificate of their church membership, signed by the Pastor of the candidate’s church, attesting that the candidate and her parents are permanent member in good standing, the name, address, and denomination of the recognised church they belong to.
- Attested copy of Baptism certificate.
- Attested copy of Confirmation certificate.
- The Christian candidates are required to take a special paper on Biblical knowledge, which is a requirement to be qualified for eligibility against Christian reserve seats.
- All information relating to entrance or the process of admission test shall be put up on the college notice board. The candidate is required to see all information regarding admission on the College Notice Board. The college does not take responsibility of informing the candidate by post or any other mode. Failure to complete admission formalities by the prescribed date will automatically disqualify the eligibility for admission.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is essential.
- On the date of the entrance test, all the candidates who have received the admit card must take their seats 30 min. before the commencement time of the test.
- Distribution of Admit Cards of the Entrance Test: as given in the Application form.
- All candidates must bring their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of taking admit card, otherwise their Admit Cards will not be given.
- Candidates are required to submit original character certificate and original Transfer Certificate /Migration Certificate from the last college /university attended at the time of admission. In absence of any such certificate, admission shall stand cancelled.
- Candidates employed under any type of organisation must present their letter of leave sanction /relieving from their place of work. B.Ed. is a full time course, no candidate is allowed to take up employment or part time courses along with this course. Any falsification will automatically cancel the admission.
- Hostel accommodation: All B.Ed. out-station students are required to stay in the college Hostel. Such candidates are required to apply for the same on the proforma attached with the admission form. In order to avail Hostel form and prospectus, candidate should enclose the bank draft as mentioned in the form in favour of “President, Isabella Thoburn College Society, Lucknow”, payable at ‘Lucknow’.
- Incomplete admission procedure or failure to submit requisite certificates /Mark-sheets /Character Certificate or Migration Certificate will lead to cancellation of the admission to B.Ed.
- The items in the entrance test will be of objective type with four alternative answers, only one of which is correct. The candidate will have to choose the correct alternative in each case and put a [x] cross-mark in appropriate box in the answer-sheet provided.
Bachelor of Library and Information Science(B.L.I.Sc)
Minimum qualification for the admission to the Bachelor of Library and Information Science is Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Science or Commerce of a recognised University with at least Second Division (secured 48% marks).
- The candidates who have appeared in the final year of B.A./B.Sc./ B.Com., and those who are awaiting their results are also eligible to apply for admission.
- The candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions are required to appear in the written test followed by an interview and on the basis of their performance shall be admitted to the course.
- An admission processing fee of Rs.350/- only, will be charged which will have to be deposited along with duly completed application form payable by Bank Draft in favour of “Principal, Isabella Thoburn College, Lucknow” payable at “Lucknow”.
- Proficiency in English is Essential.
Test Date & Time
Interview Date & Time
(as given in the application form.)
Distribution of Admit Cards (as given in the application form.)
Candidates must bring their original Mark-Sheet /Certificates at the time of Entrance Examination.
Last date for the receipt of the application form is as given in the application form.
- A candidate shall not be allowed to appear in the Entrance Test unless she has secured a minimum of
(a) 55% marks in aggregate for B.Sc. (Bio.) and B.Sc. (Maths);
(b) 50% marks in aggregate for B.H.Sc. (Home Science) and B.Com. and
(c) 45% marks in aggregate for B.A.
in Intermediate or equivalent examination.
- A candidate who has passed B.A.I /B.Sc.I /B.Com.I from the college/university or from any other institution/university shall not be eligible for admission to B.A.I/ B.Sc.I./B.Com.I in the college.
- Faculty /Group wise date, timings and name of the Centers, roll numbers shall be displayed on the College Notice Board. Candidates are advised to compare the same with the ones mentioned in the Admit Card. Any discrepancy, whatsoever should be immediately brought to the notice of the Principal or Entrance Test Committee.
- No candidate shall be considered for admission to a group/faculty unless she has applied on a separate application form for the Group/Faculty and appeared in the Entrance Test for the Group/Faculty.
- Candidates are advised to apply and appear in more than one Group. It shall provide an alternative to cover the risk of not qualifying for admission due to tough competition.
- Negative marking will be done while correcting answer sheets.
- Subject to the foregoing rules eligible candidates shall be considered for admission according to merit. Merit shall be calculated on the basis of marks obtained out of 400 marks by a candidate in the Entrance Test plus the privilege marks obtained in Intermediate or equivalent examination.
- First list of the candidates recommended for admission for different groups/faculties shall be put up on the College notice boards. The date for displaying the list of selected candidates is notified on the Admission Form. Vacant seats if any shall be filled by subsequent list, which shall be put up on the College notice board after the last date for submission of fees by the candidates of the preceding list.
- If a candidate applies and appears in the Entrance, Test and qualifies for more than one group/faculty. She must exercise her option for one faculty/ group. Option once exercised shall be binding and final.
- All information relating to Admission shall be put up on the College notice Boards. Candidates are required to see the said notice boards for all matters concerning admissions. The college and its authorities do not take any responsibility of notifying any candidate individually.
- Names of candidates selected will be displayed on the notice board on the date specified in the admission form and selected candidates are required to note from the notice boards – the procedure and dates for reporting and completing admission formalities . The authorities reserve the right to cancel any admission without assigning a reason.
- Availability of Subjects in Arts (Gr. IV) shall be on the basis of merit and as per candidates reporting on the dates during the Admission period.
- Any admission done or any candidate selected for admission by an inadvertence or mistake or oversight or on the basis of wrong or incomplete information supplied by the candidate shall be cancelled and the candidate shall have no claim in such a case.
- All information relating to entrance test or the process of admission test shall be put up on the College Notice Board. The candidate is required to see all information regarding admission on the College Notice Board.
The College does not take responsibility of informing the candidate by post or any other mode.
Failure to complete admission formalities by the prescribed date will automatically disqualify the eligibility for admission.
REFUSAL OF ADMISSION TO ANY CLASS
- The college reserves the right to refuse the admission of any candidate despite of, her fulfillment of the academic requirements for admission, on the basis of entrance examination for reasons to be recorded in writing, whose admission in the opinion of the College shall not be in the best interest of the college. The decision of the College shall be final and legally binding on the candidate.
- The students who have been permanently dropped or temporarily dismissed from this College, either an account of poor academic performance or on account of acts of indiscipline, or those who have been debarred from seeking admission from this College shall not be allowed to appear in the entrance examination or seek admission. If such a candidate appears in the entrance examination by concealing the facts or due to oversight on the part of admission cell, the candidature of such a candidate shall be rejected.
- The candidate found using unfair means in the entrance examination of this College shall be rejected and further such candidate shall also be debarred from appearing in the entrance examination in future
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to furnish full and correct information on the application form and admission made on the basis of wrong or concealed information supplied by the candidate or due to any oversight or error on the part of admission cell and detected subsequently the admission or joining of the candidate, would be cancelled at the cost and risk of the candidate.
CATEGORIES FOR PRIVILEGE MARKS
Candidates of the following categories are eligible for privilege marks. A candidate can take advantage of only one category if the candidate finds herself eligible for more than one category to her maximum benefit. The candidate will have to attach a self attested photocopy of the certificate as an enclosure with the Entrance Test form for claiming privilege marks under any category, failing which privilege marks shall not be allowed to her. No certificate shall be accepted by the College separately.
- Christian candidates, Daughters of the Isabella Thoburn College Faculty and Staff, Visually challenged and Physically challenged candidates.
- Christian Candidates: Christian candidates are required to take the Entrance Test to get admission against reserved seats. Candidates applying for admission against reserved seats must enclose a sponsorship or nomination letter signed by the Pastor of the candidate’s Church attesting that the candidate and her parents are members in good standing, the name address and denomination of the recognised Church they belong to and the Baptism certificate and full membership of the applicant along with the Entrance Test form.
- Daughter of the College Faculty and Staff: Seats are reserved for the daughters of the College Faculty and Staff. To get admission they must appear in the Entrance Test and qualify the said test. Such a candidate must enclose a certificate from her father/mother serving at the College along with the Entrance Test form.
Candidates belonging to one of the sub categories shall get an advantage as given below in the Entrance Test provided they enclose required authentic certificate at the time of submission of the Entrance Test form.
- Daughter of University and College Teachers:
Daughters of university and other associated degree college teachers in Lucknow shall get an additional 3% of the maximum test marks as privilege marks, provided they enclose a certificate from the competent/appropriate authority of the concerned Department and is subject to verification by the College admission committee.
- Isabella Thoburn College Intermediate candidate
A candidate who has appeared in the Intermediate Examination from the Intermediate section of the College in 2015 must enclose a photocopy of a certificate from the Principal of the Intermediate section with Entrance Test form to claim 5% of the maximum test marks as privilege marks.
- A candidate whose name appears, in the merit list of candidates recommended for admission must report for admission on the allotted date/time. The candidate is required to bring
i. All original Mark sheets, certificates and documents.
ii. Original Transfer Certificate (to be submitted otherwise admission will stand cancelled).
iii. Original Character Certificate (to be submitted).
iv. Original Migration certificate wherever applicable (to be submitted).
v. Self attested photocopy of X and XII mark sheets.
vi. Self attested photocopy of X pass certificate.
vii. Original relevant document (if privilege is sought).
(a) Fees must be deposited in the Isabella Thoburn College Extension Counter of the UCO Bank.
(b) S.G.A. and S.C.M. membership fee is to be paid to the respective student officer.
(c) Subject registration must be done.
(d) A library membership Card duly filled and two recent passport sized photographs should be submitted for Library Registration.
(e) Any other fee may be charged for any additional services rendered.
(f) One recent passport sized photograph is to be submitted for the Identity Card.