Asia Pacific Association of Methodist related Educational Institutions
- In February of 2012, 75 representatives of Methodist related college and Universities from 16 different countries is Asia passed a resolution to create an educational association for the purpose of collaborative and co-operative networking & to foster dynamic and holistic Christian leadership in Asia and the pacific. It resulted in the establishment of the Asia Pacific Association of Methodist -related Educational Institutions (APAMEI).
- APAMEI is Asia’s response to the challenge of the International Association of Methodist Schools, Colleges, and Universities (IAMSCU)
OBJECTIVES of the APAMEI
- To foster solidarity, networking, and development of visionary, dynamic, and holistic, Christian Leadership in Asia and Pacific
- For the sustenance, resource sharing, and promotion of Christian Education and Theological Education in Asia and the Pacific
- For fellowship and dialogue with other sister organizations for mutual sharing, enrichment, and solidarity, assuring active partnership with the wider Global Methodist movement and family-with special consideration for the unique contexts and contributions of Asia and the Pacific.
APAMEI Conference 2018:
- In meeting its objectives APAMEI had its first conference at Yonsei International Campus in Feb 2015.
- The second APAMEI Conference is going to be held in 2018 in India at Isabella Thoburn College, Lucknow.
The Main theme of the Conference is “Transcending Boundaries for Peace: Making Peace Peacefully”